Friday, July 16, 2010

Live like a cat

us human have lots to learn from our pets. they live life in the present, no drama, no muss, and no fuss. ok maybe some fuss but completely on their terms. that is because animals don’t care what others think about them. they spontaneously do what makes them happy at that very moment, eat when they are hungry, sleep anywhere at any time, and ask when they want affection. all the “coulds”, “shoulds”, and “what ifs” don’t exist.


murphy, my cat, trusts me completely everyday of his life. he trusts that i will care and protect him. he doesn't question my love and kindness. to murphy, love is a no brainer: he knows i love him and he loves me right back. there’s no “i like you but i don’t love you” or “though he/she hurts me but i can’t bring myself to stay away” or other lame and foolish excuses. he doesn’t long for the people who abandoned him nor does he try to run away from me because i tell him i love him. love and happiness are good just like colourful ribbons and treats. just accept and enjoy.

well then what's stopping us from doing the same? why won't we accept love and joy and let go of the drama? because joy scares us more than pain. PAIN IS FAMILIAR. love and joy breed dangerous hope and the potential for disappointment. we would rather stay with the devil we know.

compares to our pets we're dumb.

today, NOW, i vow to live like a cat: to do what i love and not care what other people think of me, to surround myself with kind, trusting and trustworthy people, to always choose goodness and happiness and to be bold to ask for the love i deserve.


No comments:

Post a Comment